The collector-car market is red hot these days, and without question, this year’s docket is the strongest ever assembled by Barrett-Jackson for a Las Vegas event. The expectation is for a fast-paced, high-energy event with lots of amazing cars.
As is always the case, there are plenty of bargains to be had on the opening day, with the quality of the cars — and the prices — continuing to escalate as the weekend goes on.
And rest assured there are cars, trucks, motorcycles and vehicles of every shape, size and color scheduled to hit the block at Barrett-Jackson Las Vegas today.
The first item scheduled to sell? How about an Italian-built 1959 Vespa motor scooter?
And from there it only gets better.
Among the items on today’s docket:
• 1964 Lincoln Continental Custom four-door, all Donked out.
• 1963 Rambler Classic Custom station wagon, in full low-rider trim.
More gorgeous collector-cars to watch for during the auction:
• 1926 Ford Lakester Roadster built on Model A frame rails.
• 1994 Panoz roadster.
• 1969 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ-40 in Gekko Green.
• 2006 Shelby GT-H Hertz Mustang with just 14,000 miles.
• 1940 Chevrolet “topless” roadster done up as a full custom.
• 1963 Buick Riviera with matching numbers and frame-up restoration.
• 1952 Oldsmobile Rocket 88 sedan.
So stick with FOX for a great weekend of coverage from Barrett-Jackson Las Vegas. It should be a fantastic three days of action.